- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Obama ‘naps’ amid Iraq crisis, says John Boehner
Question of the Day
“It’s not like we haven’t seen, over the last five or six months, these terrorists moving in, taking control of Western Iraq,” Mr. Boehner, Ohio Republican said during his weekly press conference at the Capitol. “Now they’ve taken control of Mosul. They’re 100 miles from Baghdad. And what’s the president doing? Taking a nap.”
Mr. Boehner stopped short of advocating U.S. missile strikes that Iraq’s prime minister reportedly requested to stop the advancing militants, extremists loyal to the al Qaeda-inspired Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).
“I don’t know enough of the details about the airstrikes to comment whether we should or we shouldn’t, but it’s not like we haven’t seen this problem coming for over a year,” he said, echoing criticism that the Obama administration’s complete military pullout from Iraq left a power vacuum that terrorists filled.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Steven A Miller
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Congress leaves Obama holding the burden of border children
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Sen. John Thune aims at union corruption
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Australia issues arrest warrant for men believed to be homegrown ISIL terrorists
- Iraq Christians get meeting with top Obama aide
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors