- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Nationals anticipate Gio Gonzalez ready to return
Question of the Day
ST. LOUIS (AP) - Gio Gonzalez showed the Washington Nationals he’s ready to return to the rotation.
Manager Matt Williams said Friday that, barring a setback, the left-hander will come off the 15-day disabled list from shoulder soreness early next week. He struck out seven and walked four in a four-inning minor league rehab stint Thursday and is eligible to come off the DL on Tuesday.
Gonzalez has lost his last three starts and is 3-4 with a 4.62 ERA in nine starts overall. He was a 21-game winner in 2012 and would replace Blake Treinen, who is 0-3 but with a 2.08 ERA.
The Nationals optioned Treinen to Triple-A Syracuse and recalled lefty Xavier Cedeno from Syracuse. The 27-year-old Cedeno has appeared in one major league game, working 1 1-3 innings of scoreless relief against the Angels on April 21.
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world