- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
Seacrest: Kasem’s death a loss for radio listeners
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Ryan Seacrest says the death of his radio role model, Casey Kasem, is a loss for radio listeners worldwide.
Kasem, an internationally famous radio broadcaster with a cheerful manner and gentle voice, died Sunday at age 82.
He became the king of the top 40 countdown with a syndicated show that ran for decades.
Seacrest, who took over the countdown from Kasem in 2004, said in a statement that as a child, he’d listen to Kasem’s show every weekend “and dream about someday becoming a radio DJ.”
He says Kasem had a distinctive friendly on-air voice and will be greatly missed.
Kasem’s legacy reached well beyond music. His voice was heard in TV cartoons such as “Scooby-Doo,” where he was Shaggy, and in numerous commercials.
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. police chief orders officers not to arrest legal gun owners carrying weapons in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq