- Landslide hits Indian village, 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
Athletics agree to terms with first-round pick
Question of the Day
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) - The Oakland Athletics agreed to terms with first-round draft pick Matt Chapman.
Chapman, the 25th overall pick, hit .312 with six home runs and 48 RBIs while playing third base as a junior for Cal State-Fullerton this season.
The 6-foot-2, 215-pound Chapman took batting practice with the big league club and talked with several Oakland players before Monday’s home game between the A’s and the Texas Rangers. He is expected to report to the team’s complex in Arizona soon before joining Class-A Beloit.
Oakland also agreed to terms with sixth-round pick Trace Loehr, a shortstop from Rex Putnam High School in Oregon.
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Ticket me Elmo? NYC mulls law for impersonators
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Government OKs Arab-owned company Gulftainer to operate U.S. cargo port
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world