- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Bills DT Dareus court hearing postponed to July 1
Question of the Day
HAMBURG, N.Y. (AP) - Buffalo Bills defensive tackle Marcell Dareus’ court appearance over an alleged car race that ended in an accident has been postponed to July 1, the Hamburg Town Court clerk’s office says.
Dareus was scheduled to appear in court Tuesday to face a reckless endangerment charge stemming from him crashing his 2012 Jaguar into a tree in suburban Buffalo on May 30. Dareus was also ticketed for several traffic violations, including drag racing.
The accident occurred about a month after Dareus was arrested in his native Alabama and charged with possession of synthetic marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
The 2011 first-round draft pick has missed the past two weeks of voluntary practices after consulting with Bills coach Doug Marrone. Dareus is expected to attend a three-day mandatory minicamp, which opens Tuesday.
AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL
TWT Video Picks
By Richard Rahn
Treaty would let tyrants peer into Americans' financial information
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- D.C. plans to seek stay of order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Islamic State opens 'marriage bureau' for single jihadists
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq