- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Dallas Clark to announce retirement with Colts
Question of the Day
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Former Indianapolis tight end Dallas Clark will retire Wednesday with the team that brought him into the NFL.
Clark was Indy’s first-round pick in 2003. In nine seasons, he broke the franchise’s career tight end records for receptions (427) and TD catches (46) and finished second in yards receiving (4,887) and 100-yard games (seven). He also set Colts single season records with 100 receptions and 1,106 yards in 2009 and 11 TD catches in 2007.
He was released following the 2011 season, part of the rebuilding purge that included the release of Peyton Manning and defensive captain Gary Brackett among others.
Clark landed with Tampa Bay in 2012 and played in Baltimore last year. He finished with 505 receptions, 5,665 yards and 53 TDs.
The Colts announced the retirement Monday.
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Calif. dolls were meant to spread cheer, not chill
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq