- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
Rep. Ed Royce calls for drone strikes against Iraqi militants
Question of the Day
“I just think that we’ve lost an opportunity,” Mr. Royce said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” “About four months ago, this began to unfold and right then we had a target. We had the encampment. We should have hit it. Until we do, I am concerned that we really haven’t given the one asset that is really needed for the Iraqi military, and that is air supremacy.”
President Obama said last week that the U.S. would not send troops and said Iraqis must take full responsibility for their national security.
Mr. Royce noted that the ISIS knocked off a bank in Mosul last week, seizing roughly $450 million as they advanced toward Baghdad.
“This is now the richest terrorist network in the world,” Mr. Royce said. “So the failure to act over the last four months and especially over the last 30 days when those columns were on the march is in and of itself, I think, a blunder.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Democrats may win at fundraising but still lose to GOP at polls
- Impeachment talks revving up Democratic base: DCCC
- Boehner says impeachment talk is Democratic fundraising ploy
- Achin' for Akin: Democrats praying for GOP Gaffes in midterms
- GOP 2014: Republican governors cite their economic stewardship
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of politicizing business
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world