- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
USA-Ghana lineups: World Cup veteran DeMarcus Beasley starts
Question of the Day
NATAL, Brazil — DaMarcus Beasley is set to become the first American to play in four World Cups.
Beasley was a midfielder on the American teams in 2002, 2006 and 2010. While midfielder Claudio Reyna and goalkeeper Kasey Keller were on the U.S. roster for four World Cups, Reyna appeared in only three and Keller two.
Klinsmann also chose to start midfielder Alejandro Bedoya over Graham Zusi and Brad Davis on the left.
Ghana’s World Cup veterans Michael Essien and Kevin- Prince Boateng were left out of coach Kwesi Appiah’s starting lineup.
According to a lineup released by the Ghana Football Association, there were four changes from the starting 11 that beat South Korea 4-0 in an warm-up game last week in Florida. Adam Kwarasey replaced Fatawu Dauda in goal, and Daniel Opare, Christian Atsu and Jordan Ayew were in for Boateng, injured forward Majeed Waris and defender Harrison Afful.
United States: Tim Howard; Fabian Johnson, Geoff Cameron, Matt Besler, DaMarcus Beasley; Kyle Beckerman, Jermaine Jones, Alejandro Bedoya, Michael Bradley; Clint Dempsey Jozy Altidore.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors