- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Nearly 100 turtle hatchlings released off Texas
Question of the Day
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (AP) - Nearly 100 endangered Kemp’s ridley sea turtle hatchlings have been released on a South Texas beach to make their way into the Gulf of Mexico.
Monday’s release at Padre Island National Seashore was the first of the season.
Several hundred observers watched the 98 hatchlings head for the water.
Experts say 96 Kemp’s ridley sea turtle nests have been found on the Texas coast this year, with 61 at Padre Island National Seashore near Corpus Christi.
Volunteers have helped locate nests as experts transfer the eggs to a hatcher on Padre Island National Seashore.
Donna Shaver with the National Park Service, who’s chief of the division of sea turtle science and recovery, says the next turtle hatchlings release in Texas should be in late June or early July.
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world