- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
Correction: CAFB-New Commander story
Question of the Day
COLUMBUS, Miss. (AP) - In a story June 13 about the new commander at Columbus Air Force Base, The Associated Press reported erroneously the group previously commanded by Col. John Nichols. Nichols was previously commander of the South Dakota-based 28th Operations Group, not the 18th Operations Group.
A corrected version of the story is below:
Nichols to take over as new CAFB commander
Col. John Nichols takes over as CEFB wing commander on July 11
COLUMBUS, Miss. (AP) - Col. John Nichols will take over as the new wing commander of the 14th Flying Training Wing at Columbus Air Force Base on July 11.
Nichols will succeed Col. Jim Sears, who has been wing commander since July 2012.
Sears is going to San Antonio, Texas, where he will serve as chief of officer assignments at Randolph Air Force Base.
Nichols, a senior pilot with more than 2,000 flight hours, is deployed overseas. He previously was commander of the 28th Operations Group at Ellsworth Air Force Base in South Dakota.
Nichols was commissioned in 1992 after receiving his degree in political science from the Air Force Academy.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- Doctor, 2 others shot at Pennsylvania hospital: reports
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq