- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
Shot fired into apartment; note left
Question of the Day
BETHANY, Ore. — A sheriff’s officer in the Portland suburb of Bethany says just leaving a note telling your next-door neighbors that you fired a bullet into their apartment isn’t quite enough.
Washington County sheriff’s Sgt. Bob Ray says deputies arrested a 25-year-old man after the neighbors returned home Tuesday and found both the note and the bullet hole.
The Oregonian reports (http://is.gd/8tcIZq) that Ray says the man was showing a friend the safety features on two firearms on Sunday when he accidentally fired a .45-caliber handgun. The bullet went through the wall of his apartment and into a neighboring unit.
Ray says Malcolm K. Smith was arrested for investigation of reckless endangering.
The spokesman says the right thing to do is to notify authorities immediately so they can check to see whether anyone has been hurt. In this case, no one was.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq