- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Little fire ant infestation found at Maui hotel
Question of the Day
HONOLULU (AP) - The state Department of Agriculture says a Maui hotel is treating a small infestation of little fire ants.
Authorities last month confirmed a 400-square foot area of an unidentified hotel in Wailea was infested. It’s been treated with a pesticide. The hotel will do follow-up treatments every six weeks under the direction of the Hawaii Ant Lab.
Board of Agriculture Chairman Scott Enright said Wednesday the infested area was caught early and crews are confident it can be eradicated.
Little fire ants are native to South America.
The ants may inflict painful stings and cause blindness in pets. They may build large colonies on the ground and completely overrun a property.
The ants have been on Hawaii Island since 1999. They were spotted on Oahu and Maui in December.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors