- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Calif racing board approves racing dates transfer
Question of the Day
LOS ALAMITOS, Calif. (AP) - The California Horse Racing Board has unanimously approved an agreement to transfer the upcoming thoroughbred racing meet at Fairplex Park to Los Alamitos.
Legislation allowing the transfer from Los Angeles County to Orange County has passed both the state Assembly and Senate and was awaiting the signature of Gov. Jerry Brown on Thursday.
The 11-day meet will begin Sept. 5 and run through Sept. 21. There will be no live racing on Sept. 10 and Sept. 17.
The transfer means Los Alamitos will host three thoroughbred racing meets this year, including the summer meet from July 3-13 and the winter meet from Dec. 4-21.
Los Alamitos gained some of the extra racing dates in part because of last year’s closure of Betfair Hollywood Park.
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq