- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Idaho State to arm campus officers with Glocks
Question of the Day
POCATELLO, Idaho (AP) - Idaho State University officials say Public Safety Officers will start carrying Glock 17 semi-automatic handguns on campus sometime in the near future.
The Idaho State Journal reports (http://bit.ly/1pjSLxZ) that officials announced Wednesday that campus officers will also begin strict enforcement of a total firearms ban in certain areas beginning July 1.
That’s the same day a new state law goes into effect allowing retired law enforcement officers and people with concealed-carry permits to bring firearms onto public college and university campuses.
ISU Public Safety Director Steve Chatterton says he, another supervisor and eight full-time officers will carry the handguns.
The officers have graduated from the ISU Law Enforcement Academy, a program accredited by the Idaho Peace Officer Standard and Training.
Information from: Idaho State Journal, http://www.journalnet.com
TWT Video Picks
By Richard Rahn
Treaty would let tyrants peer into Americans' financial information
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- D.C. plans to seek stay of order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Islamic State opens 'marriage bureau' for single jihadists
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq