- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- African leader cancels trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
Millinocket mill equipment up for auction
Question of the Day
MILLINOCKET, Maine (AP) - The paper machine and other equipment from the Great Northern Paper mill in Millinocket are being auctioned off.
A spokeswoman for Cate Street Capital, which bought the mill, said the proceeds from Thursday’s auction will go in part to settle the mill’s outstanding tax debt with the town of Millinocket.
The additional funds will be used to help restart its East Millinocket Mill, which temporarily ceased production in January and more than 200 workers were laid off.
The spokeswoman said vacuum pumps, motors and spare parts are among the other pieces of equipment from the Millinocket mill that closed in 2008 that were being auctioned off.
A representative with Koster Industries, which is facilitating the auction, declined to provide any details.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world