- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
- Feds tout nearly 200 arrests, $625K in seized cash in Texas border crackdown
Austria players, Iran officials hit by FIFA
Question of the Day
ZURICH, Switzerland (AP) - FIFA has confirmed the worldwide extension of sanctions imposed on players and officials from Austria and Iran found guilty of manipulating matches.
Dominique Taboga was given a lifetime ban and countryman Thomas Zundel was given a 12-month suspension by the Austrian federation for trying to rig matches in the domestic league. In Iran, coach Mohammad Reza Molaei and referee Mohsen Ghahreman had been handed bans of six and eight months, respectively, after being charged with a series of offences including corruption, unsporting behavior and illegal relations in a case relating to a match of the Iran Pro League.
FIFA said in a statement on Monday that both the Austrian and Iranian federations have been notified about the sanctions.
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq