- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- Troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
Ownership move delayed for Anderson’s Wigwam gym
Question of the Day
ANDERSON, Ind. (AP) - City officials are pushing back their timeline for the possible ownership transfer of Anderson’s closed Wigwam gymnasium.
Leaders of the private Wigwam Sports & Entertainment group are scheduled to present their proposal for reusing the 9,000-seat gym to the city Redevelopment Commission on Tuesday.
Deputy economic development director Michael Frischkorn tells The Herald Bulletin (http://bit.ly/1nHlnER ) the commission won’t be ready as planned to seek ownership transfer on June 10 from the Anderson School Board. He says work is still being done on a property appraisal and environmental study of the property.
Frischkorn says those should be done by the end of June. That’s the deadline school officials have set to avoid possible demolition of the gym, which was closed in 2011 as a cost-cutting move.
Information from: The Herald Bulletin, http://www.theheraldbulletin.com
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world