- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Christian radio host charged in sex probe
Question of the Day
GAYLORD, Mich. (AP) - A host at a Christian radio station in Grand Rapids has been arrested on a charge of first-degree criminal sexual conduct.
Authorities say John Balyo of WCSG was arrested Friday at a Christian music festival in Gaylord. He’s being transported to Battle Creek to face the charge Monday in a Calhoun County court.
The 35-year-old Balyo is accused of paying another man to arrange sex with minors. Authorities searched his home in Caledonia, south of Grand Rapids. It’s not known if he has a lawyer yet.
WCSG is a Christian station affiliated with Cornerstone University in Grand Rapids. General Manager Chris Lemke says the staff is “shocked and deeply saddened” by Balyo’s arrest.
He promises to say more on the radio Monday morning.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- KING: "Man-caused disaster" on the southern border
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq