- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Royals place Nori Aoki on 15-day DL
Question of the Day
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - The Kansas City Royals put outfielder Nori Aoki on the 15-day disabled list Saturday with a left groin strain.
Aoki, who grounded out as a pinch hitter in the ninth inning Friday, is hitting .263 with 14 extra-base hits, in 68 games, while batting leadoff in 64 games.
The Royals purchased the contract of outfielder Justin Maxwell from Triple-A Omaha, where he was hitting .316 with five doubles, a triple, five home runs and 18 RBIs in 25 games.
Maxwell began the season with Kansas City, but was designated for assignment on May 15 with a .138 average. Maxwell started in right field Saturday against the Seattle Mariners.
The Royals transferred left-handed pitcher Bruce Chen, who went on the disabled list May 2 with a bulging disk, to the 60-day disabled list to make space for Maxwell on the 40-man roster.
By Isaac Orr
New carbon-dioxide rules would put America in the dark
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors