- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Activists: Israeli air raids kill 10 Syrian troops
Question of the Day
BEIRUT (AP) - An activist group says Israeli air raids overnight on Syrian military facilities killed at least 10 government troops.
The Israeli military said it hit nine targets early Monday inside Syria. The airstrikes were in response to a cross-border attack the previous day that killed an Israeli teenager.
The director of the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, Rami Abdurrahman, said the nine Israeli strikes hit seven different Syrian military bases.
He said the air raids destroyed two tanks, two artillery batteries and the headquarters of Syria’s 90th brigade.
The Observatory collects its information through a network of activists inside Syria
The Syrian government has not commented on the airstrikes.
Israel has carried out airstrikes on Syria several times over the past three years.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world