- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
Butte radiology clinic stops performing mammograms
Question of the Day
BUTTE, Mont. (AP) - The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is notifying patients of a Butte radiology clinic that they may not have received quality mammograms.
The Montana Standard reports (http://bit.ly/1sA2ztf ) Big Sky Diagnostic Imaging LLC, which performs several imaging procedures, stopped performing mammograms in February.
The FDA says a routine review of images taken between November 2011 and November 2013 included some poor quality mammograms. The American College of Radiology revoked the clinic’s accreditation.
Federal officials urge patients who received mammograms at the clinic after Nov. 19, 2011 to speak with their health care provider to see if their scans need to be repeated.
Dr. Jesse Cole says a reviewer disagreed with 90 percent of the problems the ACR found. He says he believes the issue is with the equipment, which Cole says is still being used in many clinics. The Butte clinic has purchased a 3-D imager it will use when its accreditation is restored.
Information from: The Montana Standard, http://www.mtstandard.com
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women's fitness tests
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world