- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Judge upholds NYC vaccination policy
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - A federal judge has upheld a New York City policy that bars unvaccinated students from public school when another student has a vaccine-preventable disease.
Judge William Kuntz II ruled against three families who claimed their right to religious freedom was violated when their children were kept from school due to the city’s immunization policies.
In his ruling, the judge citing a 109-year-old Supreme Court ruling that gives states broad power in public health matters.
The judge said “religious objectors are not constitutionally exempt from vaccinations.”
The New York Times (http://nyti.ms/1nw1qfu ) says the lawyer for the plaintiffs plans to appeal. Attorney Patricia Finn said last week she asked the Brooklyn court to rehear the case.
Information from: The New York Times, http://www.nytimes.com
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Man says he shot burglar who said she was pregnant
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq