- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: New ‘Marshall Plan’ could solve border crisis
Question of the Day
The events in Iraq demonstrate that democracy is on the run in the Middle East. We are learning that without a desire to make the requisite sacrifices, the Bush doctrine of exporting democracy to that region appears to be failing. Meanwhile here at home, President Obama is taking a very different approach with democracy by throwing out the welcome mat to anyone wanting to experience it in America.
As a result, the humanitarian crisis unfolding on our southern border is largely one of the president's making. Thousands of children don't just show up on the border unless they've been led to believe that by doing so they'll get something in return — like amnesty.
After all, when has Central America not been poor, corrupt and violent? The endless stream of refugees now pouring over the border is occurring because of policies coming out of Washington. Lax border enforcement and the carrot of amnesty are responsible for the current crisis on the border while crime, poverty and corruption are secondary.
If the Democrats are truly concerned with the welfare of our southern neighbors, why not consider a new "Marshall Plan" for Central America like the one that rebuilt a war-torn Europe following World War II? Granted, if our southern neighbors stay home they won't be able to vote in American elections, but it just might solve the current crisis, and for less money than we are currently spending on programs related to illegal immigration.
THOMAS M. BEATTIE
About the Author
- EDITORIAL: Snipers from the left target Hillary
- EDITORIAL: The food police trying to arrest soda, again
- EDITORIAL: Failing dead veterans, too
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Illegals aren't immigrants; they're thieves
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The danger of cowardice on world stage
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Get Breaking Alerts
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- Rick Perry: County jails in Texas have taken in 203,000 "criminal aliens"
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- ISTOOK: The secret is out: 'Unaccompanied minors' are only one-fourth of illegal border-crossers
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Tony Dungy doubles down on Michael Sam remarks: 'Drafting him would bring much distraction'
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado