- Associated Press - Monday, June 23, 2014

LAS VEGAS (AP) - Zamboni fumes are being blamed for the evacuation of an ice rink in Las Vegas and the sickening of several people who were sent to the hospital over the weekend.

Clark County Fire Battalion Chief Richard Reid says firefighters were called to the Las Vegas Ice Center about 10 a.m. Sunday after several people complained of being light-headed or sick.

Members of a Haz-Mat team that responded with fire and rescue workers determined the Zamboni ice preparation machine was leaking carbon monoxide in the building. Seven people were transported to area hospitals. No one was seriously injured.

Reid told KSNV-TV (http://tinyurl.com/pvok9mf ) they took the Zamboni outside and the carbon monoxide levels soon returned to normal. The ice rink reopened later in the day.

___

Information from: KSNV-TV, http://www.mynews3.com/index.php

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide