- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
$10M gift from Koch brothers rejected by N.Y. college over ‘political correctness’
Question of the Day
Brooklyn College reportedly turned down an $10 million grant from the Koch brothers, and one professor at the CUNY college says it’s because of politics.
“It’s political correctness. It’s intolerance about anyone who doesn’t toe the left-wing line,” said Mitchell Langbert, the associate professor of business and deputy chairman for business at Brooklyn College, the New York Post reported.
The professor is so livid that the university would turn down the successful businessmen that he wrote a letter to the state Senate Education Committee saying, “The Charles G. Koch Foundation has repeatedly called Brooklyn College and me personally with an offer of as much as a $10 million grant. … This grant would have been considerably larger than any that I have seen in my nearly quarter-century of teaching.”
Mr. Langbert said the decision to reject the $10 million grant was made by CUNY School of Business Dean William Hopkins, the Post reported.
“I have never seen a dean not interested in a $10,000 grant, much less a $10 million one,” Mr. Langbert said.
School spokesman Jason Carey told the paper, “We have neither received an offer from, nor submitted a proposal to the Koch Foundation at this time for the business school.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring 'God's Rescue Squad'
- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- Gen. Martin Dempsey: U.S. viewing decades-old Russian readiness plan
- Russia sends Iraq fighter jets, helicopter gunships for ISIL fight after meeting in Moscow
Latest Blog Entries
- HuffPo: Denying women 'moral abortions' destroys 'soul freedom'
- Rangel's race taunt: Tea party a bunch of 'white crackers'
- Limbaugh: Fox News wouldn't let me criticize GOP
- Anthony Weiner: Expect more lewd photos to surface during N.Y. mayoral campaign
- Obama meets with illegal immigrants to discuss reform
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- KING: "Man-caused disaster" on the southern border
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq