- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Togo appoints Tchanile Tchakala as head coach
Question of the Day
LOME, Togo (AP) - Togo has appointed Tchanile Tchakala as its national team coach, replacing Frenchman Didier Six on a six-month contract.
Togo’s sports ministry announced the appointment late Monday.
Tchanile Tchakala is the brother of Tchanile Bana, a former Togo coach who was banned for three years in 2010 for taking a fake team masquerading as the national squad to play a friendly game in Bahrain. That tour was surrounded by suspicions of match-fixing.
Tchanile Tchakala’s first task will be to qualify the West African team for the African Cup of Nations in January and February in Morocco.
Six led Togo to the quarterfinals of last year’s African Cup but fell out with some players and was openly criticized at the tournament by striker Emmanuel Adebayor.
Exchanges reveal an ugly American abroad out to bring down conservatives
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world