- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
County, team seek state funds for ballpark upgrade
Question of the Day
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) - Local leaders and the owners of Rochester’s minor league baseball team are asking New York state to pick up more than half the tab for a $7.5 million renovation planned for the downtown ballpark.
The Democrat and Chronicle of Rochester reports (http://on.rocne.ws/1lTOHXo ) that Monroe County Executive Maggie Brooks asked the county Legislature this week to authorize an application seeking $4.5 million in state funding to refurbish Frontier Field.
The plans include a new field and revamped concourse and suites for the 18-year-old, county-owned stadium, home of the Red Wings, Triple A affiliate of the Minnesota Twins.
The county and team would cover the rest of the costs.
Red Wings chief executive Naomi Silver says the upgrades would put the stadium on par with newer International League ballparks.
Information from: Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, http://www.democratandchronicle.com
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world