It looks like the nation is still in throw-the-bums-out mode on both sides of the aisle. How vexed are voters vexed with Congress? One new poll says all: 90 percent of Americans give the entire U.S. Congress a negative job review. Everyone seems on the same page here: 89 percent of Republicans, 87 percent of Democrats and 95 percent of independents agree.
The source of this bad news is a new Harris Poll of 2,241 U.S. adults conducted June 11-16 and released Monday.
Things get local, though. Another71 percent overall give their local member of Congress a negative rating; 65 percent of Republicans, 58 percent of Democrats and 73 percent of independents agree agree with this.
And promising news, perhaps, for tea party candidates, or those campaigning beyond the GOP "establishment". More than half of the respondents - 52 percent - say it's "time to give someone else a chance" in Congress; 48 percent of Republicans, 46 percent of Democrats and 56 percent of independents agree.
Americans are not keen to see incumbents shelter in place amid all the discord:20 percent overall say their local member of Congress deserves to be re-elected; 26 percent of Republicans, 23 percent of Democrats and 15 percent of independents agree.
© Copyright 2015 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.