- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Zenit signs defender Garay for $8.1 million
Question of the Day
MOSCOW (AP) - Zenit St. Petersburg says it has signed Argentina center back Ezequiel Garay from Portugal’s Benfica as it prepares for the upcoming Russian league season.
The 27-year-old Garay, who is representing Argentina at the World Cup, has agreed a five-year contract starting July 1, Zenit said.
The defender, who had been linked with Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur, moves for a fee of 6 million euros ($8.18 million), according to Benfica in a Portuguese Securities Market Commission filing.
Garay, who signed for Benfica from Real Madrid in 2011, won the Portuguese title last season and has played in two Europa League finals.
Last year, Zenit finished second to CSKA Moscow in the Russian league for the second year in succession after former Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas replaced Luciano Spalletti mid-season.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Iraq Christians get meeting with top Obama aide
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world