- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
Lindsay Lohan to make stage debut in London
Question of the Day
LONDON — Lindsay Lohan is heading for the London stage — in a play about the hysteria of Hollywood.
Producers announced Thursday that Lohan will make her professional stage debut in September in David Mamet’s satirical drama “Speed-the-Plow.”
The “Mean Girls” and “Freaky Friday” star, who has had well-documented troubles with alcohol, drugs and the law, will take the relatively small but complex role of an ambitious secretary in Mamet’s drama about two Hollywood producers trying to close a major deal.
In the original 1988 New York production the role was played by Madonna.
The 27-year-old former child star has had six stints in rehab and several brief periods in jail, and recently appeared in her own reality TV show. Her most recent movie was the universally panned “The Canyons.”
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world