- Planned Parenthood strikes ‘pro-choice’ label in favor of ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- State Department: ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
Diamondbacks promote Nick Evans from Triple-A Reno
Question of the Day
SAN DIEGO (AP) - The Arizona Diamondbacks have promoted infielder-outfielder Nick Evans from Triple-A Reno and optioned right-hander Zeke Spruill to their top farm team.
The 28-year-old Evans, who plays the corner spots, was hitting .354 with 11 home runs, 18 doubles and 47 RBIs in 51 games for the Aces this season. He also appeared in eight games with the Diamondbacks, going 1 for 11 with a homer and an RBI.
The team announced the moves Friday. Arizona also plans to release reliever J.J. Putz once he clears waivers Saturday.
Putz, with a $7 million salary this year, was designated for assignment June 20. The right-hander has 189 saves in 12 major league seasons, including 83 in four years with the Diamondbacks.
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world