- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Swedish Prince Carl Philip engaged to former model
Question of the Day
HELSINKI (AP) - The Swedish Royal Court has announced the engagement of Prince Carl Philip to Sofia Hellqvist, a former glamour model and reality TV participant.
The court said Friday that the wedding date hasn’t been decided but was to take place during summer next year.
The two started dating in 2010 and have lived together on the Stockholm island Djurgarden since 2011.
The 35-year-old prince is the second oldest child of King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, and is third in line to the throne.
Sofia used to pose in lightly clad attire in magazines and once participated in the Swedish reality TV show “Paradise Hotel,” but has changed her image in recent years. She is now involved in aid work and runs a charity organization.
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Computer glitch caused odd Saturday release of D.C. guns ruling
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq