- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Mass. pot dispensary applicant to appeal rejection
Question of the Day
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) - The head of a company seeking to set up a medical marijuana dispensary in Cambridge says he plans to appeal the decision by the Department of Public Health to overturn its earlier agreement to license his firm.
John Greene is the CEO of The Greeneway Wellness Foundation that was among 20 applicants who received provisional licenses in January. The process was eventually suspended while the state verified information provided by the approved applicants.
Greene said on Saturday that state public health officials cited inadequate financial capital in rejecting his application Friday.
Greene argues that banks refused to work with his group out of fear of violating federal drug laws, forcing his organization to enter into custodial arrangements in keeping with state regulations.
Greene says his group has had the required funds available and will appeal the rejection.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- KING: "Man-caused disaster" on the southern border
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq