- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Marrone backs Bills DT Dareus after latest charges
Question of the Day
Dareus has been a three-year starter in Buffalo since being drafted with the third pick out of Alabama. He’s coming off a career season in which he was credited with 71 tackles and 7½ sacks and made his first Pro Bowl appearance as an injury replacement.
It was a bounce-back year for Dareus, who acknowledged he lacked focus on football the previous season after his younger brother was one of three people shot and killed during a burglary in Alabama.
Marrone emphasized that Dareus’ two-week break was not a punishment.
“It was both of us sitting down and talking about how do we move forward, how do we get this thing right, and working together in coming up with that decision,” Marrone said. “Anyone that makes a poor decision hurts. I have to do whatever I can to make sure that our players, our coaches, everyone, makes a better decision.”
AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Man says he shot burglar who said she was pregnant
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq