- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
HURT: An unfair trade for an undeserving deserter
Question of the Day
It is truly a fool’s errand for any decent person of conscience governed by honesty to engage in debate with the likes of these people. Never has that folly been more acute than in the aftermath of the president’s release of the five Kingpins of Terror.
To engage them is like walking onto a battlefield of steel and lead in nothing but sandals and a sackcloth, unarmed. No matter how honorable your motive or how right your cause, you will be slaughtered with impunity.
Your morals will be ridiculed. Your belief in a code of decency will be used to ensnare you. Your truth-bearing tongue will be ripped from your throat and fed to your children.
You may be marked as God’s child, but that will do you no good here today. You will be killed on this battlefield of these people’s choosing and at their vile hands.
So it is today for Americans who have never before felt a pang of disloyalty toward their country or the soldiers who fight for their freedom. For them, patriotism is both a cheap thrill at a ballgame and a profound comfort and compass during the blurred horror of wartime.
What diabolical scheme might these shape-shifters devise to turn American patriotism against itself? What deceits might they deploy to scramble proud Americans into panting disarray, jabbering senselessly in countless different languages?
Quite simple, it turns out.
Release the Kingpins of Terror — these cur dogs of a cur war — back onto the hot battlefield. And do so in exchange for an ex-American soldier who spoke openly of his hatred for the country that coddled him into a spoiled, deluded, cowardly brat.
An ex-soldier who denounced America and called the title U.S. soldier “the lie of fools.”
An ex-soldier who apparently plotted his desertion by sending his possessions home to Mommy and leaving a note before going AWOL.
An ex-soldier who is accused of aiding the enemy by sharing intelligence about his former comrades and teaching battle tactics to an enemy hell-bent on killing more U.S. soldiers and innocent American children.
But there is an errand even more foolish than decent people attempting to engage these people in an honorable debate. It is the errand of loyal soldiers sent into the battlefields of Afghanistan to “rescue” the turncoat deserter.
Those honorable soldiers, of course, had no choice. Six of them, according to reports, never came back. Sent they were to save a rat.
And all of this why?
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Iraq Christians get meeting with top Obama aide
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world