- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
HURT: An unfair trade for an undeserving deserter
Question of the Day
It is truly a fool’s errand for any decent person of conscience governed by honesty to engage in debate with the likes of these people. Never has that folly been more acute than in the aftermath of the president’s release of the five Kingpins of Terror.
To engage them is like walking onto a battlefield of steel and lead in nothing but sandals and a sackcloth, unarmed. No matter how honorable your motive or how right your cause, you will be slaughtered with impunity.
Your morals will be ridiculed. Your belief in a code of decency will be used to ensnare you. Your truth-bearing tongue will be ripped from your throat and fed to your children.
You may be marked as God’s child, but that will do you no good here today. You will be killed on this battlefield of these people’s choosing and at their vile hands.
So it is today for Americans who have never before felt a pang of disloyalty toward their country or the soldiers who fight for their freedom. For them, patriotism is both a cheap thrill at a ballgame and a profound comfort and compass during the blurred horror of wartime.
What diabolical scheme might these shape-shifters devise to turn American patriotism against itself? What deceits might they deploy to scramble proud Americans into panting disarray, jabbering senselessly in countless different languages?
Quite simple, it turns out.
Release the Kingpins of Terror — these cur dogs of a cur war — back onto the hot battlefield. And do so in exchange for an ex-American soldier who spoke openly of his hatred for the country that coddled him into a spoiled, deluded, cowardly brat.
An ex-soldier who denounced America and called the title U.S. soldier “the lie of fools.”
An ex-soldier who apparently plotted his desertion by sending his possessions home to Mommy and leaving a note before going AWOL.
An ex-soldier who is accused of aiding the enemy by sharing intelligence about his former comrades and teaching battle tactics to an enemy hell-bent on killing more U.S. soldiers and innocent American children.
But there is an errand even more foolish than decent people attempting to engage these people in an honorable debate. It is the errand of loyal soldiers sent into the battlefields of Afghanistan to “rescue” the turncoat deserter.
Those honorable soldiers, of course, had no choice. Six of them, according to reports, never came back. Sent they were to save a rat.
And all of this why?
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
President wants everyone but himself to pay more
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Ted Nugent loses second casino gig for 'racist remarks'
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Afghan who killed three U.S. Marines in 2012 to serve over 7-year prison sentence
- EDITORIAL: Obama's 'economic patriotism' means higher taxes
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq