- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
- U.S. Navy admiral ‘receptive’ to giving Chinese counterpart a tour of carrier
- Islamic State orders female genital mutilation for Mosul girls, U.N. says
- Israeli fire hits U.N. facility in Gaza, killing 15
- Obama encourages ICE to stand down, say former border agents
- Pro-Palestinian protesters attack Israeli soccer team in Austria match
- Virginia police: 2 dead after storm at campground
- Ukrainian prime minister announces resignation
- House members question $17 billion VA request
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo launches statewide task force to collect LGBT data
New York, California governors make hockey wager
Question of the Day
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - New York now has even more riding on the outcome of the Stanley Cup matchup between the Rangers and the Los Angeles Kings: a box of organic rice cakes.
California Gov. Jerry Brown has wagered the rice cakes - plus a California history book - on the outcome of the series.
If the Kings win, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has agreed to send Brown a gift basket containing items from around New York and a hockey puck commemorating last year’s state budget. The puck celebrates the state’s budget hat-trick of three consecutive on-time budgets.
The New York gift basket contains apples, oysters, Italian sausage, Buffalo wing sauce, wines, cupcakes and more items from around the state.
The series begins Wednesday in Los Angeles.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Whistleblowers flood VA with lawsuits despite apology
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Obama dispatches researchers to border to check on National Guard
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq