- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
Francophone baseball body to boost Olympic bid
Question of the Day
LAUSANNE, Switzerland (AP) - Baseball and softball are hoping a little French flavor will boost their international appeal and chances for a return to the Olympics.
The Francophone Association of Baseball Softball has been launched in Paris to promote the sports in French-speaking countries.
The association was formed by national federations in 14 countries in Europe and Africa, including Belgium, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, France, Switzerland and Tunisia.
The World Baseball Softball Confederation says the new body will work to develop the sports across 77 French-speaking countries and provinces, especially in Africa. It will be led by Didier Seminet, head of the French federation.
WBSC president Riccardo Fraccari says the new body should help the global campaign to bring baseball and softball back into the Olympics. The IOC has said it will consider adding the sports to the program of the 2020 Tokyo Games.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women's fitness tests
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world