- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Once-obese girl grows into Miss Texas entry
Question of the Day
HOUSTON (AP) - Keli Kryfko is now Miss South Texas with her eyes on the Miss Texas and Miss America titles.
It’s only 10 years since she was a 230-pound eighth-grader in Dallas who could barely do a sit-up and faced the bullying taunts of her classmates.
Now 23 years old, Kryfko tells the Houston Chronicle (http://bit.ly/1rMVJQZ ) that she “decided enough was enough,” that she didn’t want to let other people define her any more.
She says she started by giving up Dr Pepper, which she says was the toughest single sacrifice she made, and she set the Miss America crown as her goal.
She still does 30 minutes of cardio each morning and an hour of weight and cardio training each evening as she readies for the Miss Texas pageant July 1.
Information from: Houston Chronicle, http://www.houstonchronicle.com
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Australia issues arrest warrant for men believed to be homegrown ISIL terrorists
- Iraq Christians get meeting with top Obama aide
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors