- Iraq: 60 dead in attack on prisoner convoy
- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
Portugal’s Ronaldo unfit for friendly vs. Mexico
Question of the Day
LISBON, Portugal (AP) - Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo will miss Friday’s friendly against Mexico as he tries to recover from leg injuries in time for the team’s World Cup opener against Germany on June 16.
The Portuguese football federation says on its website that the Real Madrid star and injured Portugal teammates Pepe and Raul Meireles are all “unfit” and would miss the warm-up against Mexico at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts.
Ronaldo is recovering from tendinitis and a muscle injury, both in his left leg.
Portugal will play Ireland in a friendly next Tuesday at New Jersey’s MetLife Stadium before heading to the tournament in Brazil.
At the World Cup, Portugal also plays the United States and Ghana in Group G.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- EDITORIAL: Poor Hillary, rock-star wannabe
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Hezbollah in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- FIELDS: A tale of a boy, a Bible and a gun
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq