- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
NRC chairwoman touring Michigan nuclear plants
Question of the Day
COVERT TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - The chairwoman of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission is scheduled to tour two nuclear power plants in southwestern Michigan.
Allison Macfarlane is visiting the Donald C. Cook plant in Berrien County’s Lake Township and the Palisades plant in Van Buren County’s Covert Township on Friday. U.S. Rep. Fred Upton of St. Joseph will accompany her. The plants are in his district.
NRC spokeswoman Viktoria Mitlyng says the visits are routine.
Palisades has had numerous shutdowns in recent years and was designated by the NRC as one of the nation’s four worst-performing nuclear plants.
Anti-nuclear activists also were meeting with Macfarlane and her staff.
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Man says he shot burglar who said she was pregnant
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq