- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Senate OKs limits on driving with cellphones
Question of the Day
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - The Rhode Island Senate has approved a bill that would require a hands-free device to use a cellphone while driving.
The Senate approved the bill unanimously on Thursday. It must still be approved by the House.
The bill’s sponsor, Sen. Susan Sosnowski, a Democrat from South Kingstown, says talking on the phone while driving with one hand off the wheel is just as distracting as texting while driving, which is banned. She says it’s about safety.
The National Transportation Safety Board in 2011 recommended that states ban hands-free, as well as hand-held, cellphone use while driving, since both distract drivers. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says headset cell phone use is not substantially safer than hand-held use.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Australia issues arrest warrant for men believed to be homegrown ISIL terrorists
- Iraq Christians get meeting with top Obama aide
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors