- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Eastern Kentucky goes tobacco free across campus
Question of the Day
RICHMOND, Ky. (AP) - Eastern Kentucky University has gone tobacco free across the entire campus.
Jack Rutherford is co-chair of the campus tobacco-ban task force. He told the Richmond Register (http://bit.ly/1j9VHco) changes on campus include banners and sandwich boards reminding people not to use tobacco products.
The school also is removing or repurposing the outdoor boxes that previously served as smoking areas.
Members of a new ambassador program will remind people on campus about the tobacco ban, although they won’t be expected to enforce the ban. And the campus sponsoring a competition for picking up discarded cigarette butts with a gym membership as the prize.
EKU President Michael Benson said Eastern is committed to helping its students, faculty and staff to quit smoking. The school offers smoking cessation classes and free nicotine replacements.
Information from: Richmond Register, http://www.richmondregister.com
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Feds accept boredom, lack of work as excuses for surfing porn on clock
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world