- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
Michigan cancer researchers open labs for a day
Question of the Day
ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) - The University of Michigan is offering the public a chance to see cancer researchers in their labs and learn about the progress they are making.
Scientists from the Ann Arbor school’s Translational Oncology Program are providing the talks and tours Saturday at the North Campus Research Complex. Visitors also will participate in interactive lab stations.
The university says the program includes a team of researchers representing 10 schools and institutes within the university. The team members aim to translate basic research into clinical uses with an eye toward entrepreneurialism.
The event is called “One Day Closer” - shorthand for the scientists’ mantra that each day of work gets them one day closer to a cure.
Cost is $10 per person or $30 per family. Lunch is provided.
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Proving A Point: Redskins' Bacarri Rambo vows to make impact in second year
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world