- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
Spain’s final World Cup tuneup reveals a favorite comfortable in its own style
Question of the Day
Added del Bosque: “We know that with space Villa is one of the best strikers in the world.”
Despite a tough group stage Spain is still a heavy favorite heading to Brazil. The Spaniards will face the Netherlands, Chile and Australia in the group stage on their way to the round of 16. Their first game will be against the Dutch, who they faced in the World Cup final four years ago in South Africa.
While the Netherlands will undoubtedly be their greatest challenge, the Spaniards cannot expect to cruise over the others in their group.
The final look at the World Cup favorites before they board the plane to South America revealed that they need to learn how to create offense if they expect to repeat as champions. But when it comes to defense and controlling the flow of a game, they are among the best in the world.
“We’re very optimistic ahead of the World Cup,” said del Bosque. “We’re meeting our expectations after training and friendlies. We always want to dictate the pace of the game and find space. If we keep possession of the ball we will be successful.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world