- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
Audit raises questions for South Texas museum
Question of the Day
McALLEN, Texas (AP) - An audit of a South Texas museum has raised troubling questions about its governance and safeguarding of art.
The audit of McAllen’s International Museum of Art and Science was requested by a city commissioner. It highlighted the failure to fix a leaky roof for 18 months that allowed water to seep through the art vault’s ceiling and onto the floor yards from a Pablo Picasso painting valued at about $1.7 million.
The Monitor reports (http://bit.ly/1hHIlcN ) the city budgeted $751,000 for the museum in the current fiscal year. The audit took issue with the museum’s board, which took over day-to-day operations after it executive director resigned.
The audit also raised ethical questions regarding a member of the board who asked staff to arrange discounts from artists doing business with the museum.
Information from: The Monitor, http://www.themonitor.com
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq