- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Hornets thank C Jefferson with full-page ad
Question of the Day
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - Charlotte Hornets owner Michael Jordan honored Al Jefferson by taking out a full-page advertisement Sunday in the Charlotte Observer after the 6-foot-10 center was named third-team All-NBA.
Jefferson has proven to be the franchise’s best free agent signing ever.
He joined Charlotte last July and was the only player in the Eastern Conference to average a double-double for the 2013-14 season.
The ad praised “Big Al” for his “dedication and commitment to the franchise” and congratulated him for winning the Eastern Conference Player of the Month twice during the season.
Jefferson led the franchise to its first playoff appearance since 2010, although Charlotte was swept in the first round by the Miami Heat. Jefferson was hobbled throughout the series after injuring his foot in Game 1.
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq