- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Jaguars sign rookie WR Wimberly, waive OT Love
Question of the Day
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - The Jacksonville Jaguars have signed rookie receiver Brandon Wimberly and waived offensive tackle DeMarcus Love.
The move came Monday, four days after the team was awarded receiver Kevin Smith off waivers from Arizona.
Jacksonville needed depth at the position since seven receivers are sidelined with injuries during organized team activities. Cecil Shorts III (calf), Ace Sanders (thigh), Tandon Doss (calf), Mike Brown (groin), Marqise Lee (ankle), Allen Robinson (hamstring) and Lamaar Thomas (knee) are out, leaving the team with four healthy receivers last week.
The 6-foot-3 Wimberly participated in the team’s rookie minicamp in May on a workout basis. He was a four-time All-Mountain West selection at Nevada, playing in 49 career games. He had 97 receptions for 989 yards and eight touchdowns as a senior.
AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq