- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Steelers sign rookie WR Bryant to 4-year deal
Question of the Day
PITTSBURGH (AP) - The Pittsburgh Steelers and fourth-round draft pick Martavis Bryant have agreed to terms on a four-year contract.
Financial details were not disclosed. The Steelers selected the 6-foot-4 wide receiver out of Clemson with the 118th overall pick in the draft. Bryant caught 61 passes for 1,354 yards and 13 touchdowns for the Tigers. His career average of 22.2 yards per reception is a Football Bowl Subdivision record.
The Steelers expect Bryant to compete with second-year wideout Markus Wheaton and veteran Lance Moore for playing time alongside Pro Bowler Antonio Brown.
Pittsburgh has signed seven of its nine draft picks. Second-round pick Stephon Tuitt and third-round choice Dri Archer have yet to agree to terms.
AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world