- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Betran leads Austin Peay past UT Martin 88-85
Question of the Day
MARTIN, Tenn. (AP) - Travis Betran scored a career-high 32 points, including a pair of game-clinching free throws 2 seconds left as Austin Peay held off UT Martin 88-85 on Saturday.
Chris Horton added 20 points and 16 rebounds for Austin Peay (12-18, 6-10 Ohio Valley Conference), which made 21 of 25 free throws (84 percent).
UTM (8-23, 3-13) opened the game with an 11-0 run, but the Governors responded with a 13-2 spurt to tie the game at 13 with 11:24 left in the first half. The contest featured 12 ties and 19 lead changes.
Will Triggs’ dunk with 4:16 remaining gave Austin Peay a seven-point lead - its biggest of the game - but a 10-2 run gave the Skyhawks an 81-80 advantage about 2 minutes later.
The Governor hit 8 of 8 free throws in the final 1:46 to seal the win.
Terence Smith led the Skyhawks with 20 points.
By Isaac Orr
New carbon-dioxide rules would put America in the dark
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors