- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Jackson State powers past MVSU 82-64
Question of the Day
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) - Brandon West scored 18 points on 7-of-11 shooting and hauled in nine rebounds to lead Jackson State to an 82-64 victory over Mississippi Valley State on Saturday.
Tied at 34 at the break, Jackson State (11-16, 7-8 Southwestern Athletic Conference) broke away in the second half, outscoring the Delta Devils 48-30 and held a 44-35 rebounding advantage overall to take the win.
Julysses Nobles contributed 16 points, Javeres Brent added 14 and Janarius Middleton 11 for the Tigers, who hit 32 of 70 from the field (46 percent) to win their third straight game.
Mississippi Valley State (9-20, 5-11) shot 41 percent from the field but was cold from long range, hitting just 4-of-24 3-point attempts.
James Currington led the Delta Devils with 12 points and 10 rebounds, while Cameron Dobbs had 13 points. Mississippi Valley State has lost six of its past seven games.
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Russia sends Iraq fighter jets, helicopter gunships for ISIL fight after meeting in Moscow
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq